Government of Jammu & Kashmir launched State Marriage Assistance Scheme (SMAS) to help poor girls in the state. It is a social assistance scheme to provide financial assistance to the Below Poverty Lines (BPL) girls for their marriage. The main objective of the scheme is to help poor families in the state who can not afford to daughter`s marriage due to financial constraints. The scheme was launched in 2015. Social Welfare Department of Jammu & Kashmir implements the scheme.
What is State Marriage Assistance Scheme (SMAS)? A financial assistance scheme for the poor girls in Jammu & Kashmir for their marriage.
State Marriage Assistance Scheme (SMAS) Benefits:
- One time financial assistance of Rs. 25,000 for girl`s marriage
- Cost of 5 gram gold
Eligibility / Who can apply?
- Scheme is applicable only for the poor girls in J&K
- Only girls for the Below Poverty Lines (BPL) families can apply for the scheme
- Families who cannot get the girl in the family married due to financial constraints
- Applicant girl must be more than 18 years of age
- Applicants who are already getting similar benefits under any other government scheme cannot apply
- The benefits can be availed only once
List of documents required for application:
- Two passport size photograph
- Proof of residence (Voter ID / AADHAAR card / Driving License)
Whom to apply & How to apply for State Marriage Assistance Scheme (SMAS)?
- The BPL family must be identified in DDCs/DSWOs survey list.
- CLICK HERE to download application form for State Marriage Assistance Scheme.
- Print the form and fill in the complete form correctly.
- Paste one passport size photograph and attach true copy of residence proof.
- Go to the nearest District Social Welfare Office and submit the form.
- They will provide further details about the application and benefits transfer.
Other Important Schemes: