The Social Welfare Department of Karnataka along with Uber has announced Airavatha Scheme (ಐರಾವತ-ಓಲಾ/ಉಬರ್) for unemployed youth from SC/ST community in the state. The scheme is meant to create employment / self-employment in the state. The Dr BR Ambedkar Development Corporation has signed-up an MOU with the cab provider Uber. The main objective of the scheme is to empower rural and semi-urban youth and empower Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe families.
What is Airavatha Scheme? A Govt of Karnataka and Uber`s initiative to create self-employment opportunities for youth in the state.
Airavatha Scheme Objectives:
- To create self-employment opportunities in the state
- To boast micro-entrepreneurship amongst men and women in the state
- To create more jobs in the state
- For economic development
Airavatha Scheme Benefits:
- Uber to train, provide mentoring and financial assistance
- User to register beneficaries as driver partners on the Uber App
- Beneficiaries can use the opportunities from Uber to earn there livelihood
- Beneficiaries will be provided assistance for loans and financing
- Government will provide financial grant of Rs. 5 lakh each to the identified beneficiaries from the SC/ST community
Eligibility or Who can apply?
- Youth from the scheduled caste
- The scheme is applicable only in Karnataka
- Unemployed youth from SC/ST communities in the state only can apply
Airavatha Scheme: Important Dates
- Application begins on: 2nd October 2018
- Last date of application: 31st October 2018
Airavatha Scheme: How to apply online?
- Online application form for the Airavatha Scheme are available at kalyanakendra.com / adcl.karnataka.gov.in
- CLICK HERE to go to the Social Welfare Department official website.
- Click on Sign In/Register link.
- If you are already registered then login with your login details else register first and login.
- Follow the instructions and open application for Airavatha Scheme.
- Fill in the complete form and upload scanned copies of the documents if required.
- Submit the application.
Airavatha Scheme Key Highlights & Implementation:
- Uber and Govt of Karnataka will identify 500 beneficiaries in the first phase under the initiative and then expand the scheme in the other parts of the state.
- Uber`s goals is to create a fleet of 4,500 cabs in Karnataka state.
- Marginalized and vulnerable youth from the SC/ST communities to benefited with the scheme.
- KA government to invest Rs. 225 crore for the scheme.
- Cities supported under the scheme: Bengaluru, Mysuru, Hubballi and Mangaluru.
- Te scheme is primarily meant for the youth for the Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities.