Election Commission of India (ECI) has launched National Voters Service Portal (nvsp.in) to provide voter services online. Voters can now apply for voter id card online on the NSVP website. Voter ID card is also called as EPIC card i.e. Electoral Photo Identity Card. Voter ID card is an important government documents which can is required for voting. The voter id card also can be used for various purposes. It can be used as identity proof, age proof and address proof while applying for various government certificates and availing various schemes benefits and subsidies.
NOTE: nvsp.in is the official National Voters Service Portal. Always use NSVP portal for online voter card id application. The voter id card online application is FREE . The Election Commission of India never asks for money for voter id card a
What is voter id card / EPIC (Electoral Photo Identity Card)? A card issues by the Election Commission of India which is mandatory for voting.
Eligibility to apply for voter id card:
- Only Indian citizens can apply
- Any individual above 18 years of age
List of documents required for voter id card application:
- Applicant`s recent passport size photograph (scanned copy in JPG, PNG, BMP & JPEG formats with maximum size of 2 MB)
- Age proof (scanned copy of birth certificate or class 5th, 8th or 10th mark-sheet or passport or PAN card or driving license or aadhaar card)
- Address proof (scanned copy of passport, driving license, passbook, ration card, rent agreement, water bill, telephone bill, electricity bill, gas connection bill, letter delivered by Indian Post)
How to apply for voter id card online?
Online application form for voter id card is available at National Voters Service Portal (nvsp.in). Follow below mentioned step by step application procedure for online voter card application.
STEP 1: CLICK HERE to go to the voter id application form (form 6) at NVSP in English
STEP 2: Choose your state, district, assembly constituency & click on As a first time voter check box
STEP 3: Provide your first name, last name, gender, date of birth, name of one of your relatives, relation with him
STEP 4: Provide current / present address and permanent address in details along with family or neighbor EPIC number
STEP 5: Provide email id & mobile number
STEP 6: Upload scanned copies of required documents (photograph, age proof and address proof)
STEP 7: In the declaration section provide town/village, state, district, date of application
STEP : Enter name of the place you are from, enter CAPTCHA and click on Submit button to complete the application
National Voters Service Portal Services:
- Apply for voter card online
- Check voter ID card application status
- Find polling booth / polling station
- Inclusion of name in the electoral roll
- Inclusion of name in the overseas electoral roll
- Correct entries in the electoral roll
- Change constituency
- Deletion from the electoral roll
- electoralsearch.in – Check your name in the voters list
- nvsp.in – Voter ID card download online at National Voters Service Portal