The Government of Gujarat has launched Mukhyamantri Amrutam (MA) Vatsalya Yojana to provide free quality health-care to the poor families in Gujarat. The scheme is primarily meant for the Below Poverty Lines (BPL), Lower Income Group (LIG) and Lower Middle Class (LMC) families in the state. The scheme was originally launched on 4th September 2012 and then upgraded in 2014. Recently in 2017 the LMC is included in the scheme.
Under the scheme Govt. of Gujarat provides free medical checkup, treatment, surgery along with transportation charges in case of critical illnesses. Poor and marginal families don`t have money for the expensive treatments in such cases the patients die without treatment or the families are pushed to debts. The Mukhyamantri Amrutam (MA) Vatsalya Yojana`s objective is to support such patients and families and helps in saving the lives of the patients and also provides social security to the family.
MA Vatsalya Card are issued to the beneficiaries. The card can be used to get the cashless treatment at the government and selected private hospitals.
What is Mukhyamantri Amrutam (MA) Vatsalya Yojana? A scheme to provide free and quality health-care to the poor and marginal families in the Gujarat.
Mukhyamantri Amrutam (MA) Vatsalya Yojana: Helplines / Toll-Free Numbers
Phone: 1800-233-1022 / Email: email@example.com
Mukhyamantri Amrutam (MA) Vatsalya Yojana: Objectives
- To provide quality and free medical checkup, treatment and surgery to the poor patients
- To save lives of the patients in poor families
- To save families from taking loans for health-care
- To provide social security to the lower income groups
Mukhyamantri Amrutam (MA) Vatsalya Yojana: Benefits
- Free medical checkup, treatment and surgery for 698 defined procedures along with their follow ups
- Benefits of Rs. 5,00,000 for Kidney Transplant, Liver Transplant, Kidney + Pancrease Transplant procedures
- Rs. 40,000 per one Knee and Hip replacement procedures
- Cashless treatment
- Health-care cover of Rs. 3 Lakh per family
- Paperless claim processing
- Early claim settlement
Illnesses covered under Mukhyamantri Amrutam (MA) Vatsalya Yojana: Neo-natal (newborn) diseases, Cardiovascular diseases, Neurological diseases, Burns, Poly-Trauma, Cancer (Malignancies), Renal diseases, Knee and Hip Replacement and Kidney, Liver and Kidney + Pancrease Transplantation
Mukhyamantri Amrutam (MA) Vatsalya Yojana: Eligibility / Who can apply?
- Residents of Gujarat state
- Below poverty lines families
- Low income group families
- Middle lower class families
- Families with income less than Rs. 3 lakh per year
- In case of families with senior citizens with income less than Rs. 6 lakh per year
MA Vatsalya Card:
- A compulsary card for availing benefits of Mukhyamantri Amrutam (AM) Vatsalya Yojana
- It is a QR coded card (Quick Response Coded Card) issued by the government
- The card is per family of 5 new born can be 6th member on the same card
- The card has photograph of the head of the family, a unique registration number (URN), District name, Taluka name and Village name and the biometric thumb impressions of all the enrolled family
Documents required & How to get MA Vatsalya Card?
- Income certificate is required to apply for the MA Vatsalya Card
- Following offices are assigned for providing income certificates to the beneficiaries: District Collector, District Development Officer, Deputy Collector / Assistant Collector, Province Officer, Deputy District Development Officer, Taluka Mamlatdar, Taluka Development Officer, Deputy Mamlatdar
How to apply for Mukhyamantri Amrutam (MA) Vatsalya Yojana?
- Taluka kiosks and Civic Centre kiosks are setup in all the taluks and cities across Gujarat
- Application forms for MA Vatsalya Yojana can be done at these kiosks along with Mobile Kiosks
- All the beneficiary family members can enroll them self
- Updations/deletions to the MA Vatsalya card are also done at the kiosks along with enrollment
- Beneficiaries can also split the card if required
How to take benefits of Mukhyamantri Amrutam (MA) Vatsalya Yojana?
- Beneficiaries can present the AM Vatsalya card in the hospital to avail free treatment, medicines, follow-up and transportation etc
Mukhyamantri Amrutam (MA) Vatsalya Yojana: Empaneled Hospitals
Selected private hospitals, government hospitals and standalone dialysis centers are identified to provide cashless treatment. The list of such network hospitals are:
- District-wise list of government hospitals: CLICK HERE
- Private hospitals: CLICK HERE to download the district-wise list of hospitals for AM Vatsalya Yojana
- Standalone dialysis center: CLICK HERE
More Details & References: