The Chief Mister of Punjab Capt. Amarinder Singh has launched One Rank Up Promotion (ORUP) scheme in the state in the Police Department. The objective of the scheme is to provide assured promotion to the police personnel in the state. The scheme will revamp the police department and will make sure that everyone who retires from the Punjab Police at least as a Assistant Sub-inspector. The will remove stagnation in the department and will provide much required encouragement in the police force in the state.
The implementation of the assurance career progression scheme started from 23rd July 2018 and 11 men were promoted under the scheme. Starts were pinned on them by the state police chief Suresh Arora. The Director-General of Police (DGP) of the state Suresh Arora has given promotion of 11 policemen. The list of police men promoted are Sub-inspector (SI) Kulbir Singh (Rupnagar) & Indermohan (Patiala) to the rank of Inspector, Assitant SI Harbhajan Singh (Ludhiana), Gurmail Singh (Bathinda), Shashipal (Jalandhar), Pradeep Kumar (Patiala) Karamjit Singh (Patiala) & Pal Singh (Patiala) to the rank of SI, Head Constables Malkiat Singh (Ludhiana), Jagdeep Singh (Patiala ) and Harbhajan Singh (Patiala) to the rank of ASI.
The scheme was introduced due to fewer vacancies available in the ranks, high stagnation in the ranks of Head Constables and Non-Gazetted Office (NGO). In many several police officials are not to be promoted despite being eligibility and the department was disappointed.
What is One Rank Up Promotion (ORUP)? The government of Punjab scheme for the state police force employees to give assured career progression that no one in the police force will retire before becoming an ASI.
One Rank Up Promotion (ORUP): Objectives
- To improve the functioning of the state police force
- To give assured promotion to the employees in their career of the state police
- To end the stagnation in the state police force
- To encourage the police personnel
Post-wise Tenure for promotions in Punjab Police:
- Head Constable to Assistant Sub-inspector: 16 years of service
- Assistant Sub-inspector to Sub-inspector: 24 years of service
- Sub-inspector to Inspector 30 years of service
One Rank Up Promotion (ORUP): Eligibility/ Who can apply?
- Applicable to the police personnel working for Punjab Police only
- Head Constables
- Assistant Sub-Inspector
One Rank Up Promotion (ORUP): Implementation & Highlights
- The Chief Minister of Punjab Capt Amarinder Singh launched this scheme on 9th July 2018
- The objective of this scheme to give assured progression to every police personnel in their career
- Scheme ensures that nobody will retire before becoming an ASI
More Details & References
- One Rank Up Promotion (ORUP) Scheme, Department of Information & Public Relation, Government of Punjab
- Punjab Police, Government of Punjab
- List of schemes & subsidies in Punjab