Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna (PMJJBY) is the scheme announced by Finance Minister Mr. Arun Jaitley and initiative is by PM Mr. Narendra Modi under which the account holder of any nationalize bank can enroll for this life insurance scheme, where the premium amount of Rs. 330 per year will get deducted automatically from the account linked for the scheme. The scheme will get linked to the accounts opened under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna
- Insurance of Rs. 2, 00, 000: In case the scheme user loses life by any of the reason either accident or natural death the nominee of the account will get Rs. 2, 00, 000.
- Minimal Premium amount: The premium amount of the scheme is only Rs. 330 per annum.
- Can register for the scheme with zero balance account: The account opened under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (zero balance account) are linked to this scheme.
Eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna
- User must have account in any nationalized banks.
- Person should be in the age group of 18-50 years.
Document required for registration
- Aadhar Card.
Whom to contact and where to contact for getting benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna
- As scheme is active in bank one who wish to register for the scheme can contact any nationalized Banks.
- Indian Post is another place where the details are available.
Online Form to enroll for the scheme:
Download the form:
Punjab National Bank:
Bank of Maharashtra: