Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and Indo-US Science and Technology Forum invites Indian candidates to apply for Bhavan Fellowship & Student Internship. The applications are open for Doctoral Students (pursuing Ph.D. or M.Tech.) and professional (Ph.D./M.Tech./M.Arch.) engaged in research in the field of Building Energy Efficiency. The Bhavan Fellowship & Student Internship aims to develop long-term research and development collaboration between India & the US by using research programs related to Building Energy Efficiency. The selected fellows & interns will get a monthly stipend, contingency allowance, medical insurance and air fare for their travel. This scholarship is an opportunity to best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in US academia and labs.
Benefits of the Bhavan Fellowship & Student Internship:
- Return Air Fare: The candidates will be provided with economy class return airfare from the shortest route.
- Monthly Stipend & Contingency Allowance: The suitable amount will be offered to candidates to support living expenses in the USA in the form of Monthly Stipend and Contingency Allowance.
- Health Insurance: The fellows and interns will be provided with insurance cover during their stay for the Fellowship/Internship
Required Eligibility and Conditions for Bhavan Fellowship & Student Internship:
- Nationality: The Internship/Fellowship is for Indian Citizens only.
- Age: The age of the candidate needs to be up to 32 years (on December 31, 2016) for Internship and for Fellowship the age needs to be up to 40 years (on February 29, 2016).
- Qualification: The qualification depends upon whether the application is being made for Fellowship or Internship:
- For Fellowship: The applicant should have Ph.D./ M.Tech./ M.Arch. Degree.
- For Internship: The candidate should be pursuing Ph.D./ M.Tech./ M.Arch. Degree.
- Employment: The fellowship applicant needs to be affiliated to a public funded R&D Lab/ S&T Institution (non-private)/ recognized Universities/Colleges in India.
- Independent Research: The candidate should be engaged in independent research on extra-mural / industry supported research projects and should have published in high-impact academic journals
Documents required for Bhavan Fellowship & Student Internship:
- For Student Internship:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Acceptance from the host institute in the US.
- Two letters of recommendation from Referees.
- No-Objection Certificate as per the format is given in the application form.
- For Fellowship:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Acceptance from host institute in the US.
- Letters of Recommendation.
- Current employer’s statement in the format provided in the application form.
- The application for the Student Internship & Fellowship will be accepted online and the details of the application process are as follow
- The application forms for Student Internship as well as Fellowship are available online and can be downloaded from the official website of IUSSTF.
- Click here to download Internship Application Form.
- Click here to download Fellowship Application Form.
- The above-mentioned documents are to be attached along with the application form
- Bhavan Fellowship application form along with required documents should be formed as a single pdf file having maximum 20 pages
- The subject of the submission mail must be ‘Building Energy Efficiency.’
- The application should be forwarded by the Head of the Department/Institute to the following email id firstname.lastname@example.org
- The applicant can contact to the following address for more information: Indo-US Science and Technology Forum, Fulbright House, 12, Hailey Road, New Delhi
- Email ID: email@example.com
References & Details:
- For more information regarding Bhavan Fellowship & Student Internship visit: http://iusstf.org/cms/newsimages/file/bhavan/Application_Guidelines.pdf