The AAP led Delhi Government has announced an innovative scheme called Doorstep Delivery of Public Services (DDPS) scheme in August 2018. The scheme assures door step delivery of hundred public services in the Delhi. The scheme was announced by the Chief Minister of Delhi Shree. Aravind Kejriwal. Now Delhites can apply for various certificates such as birth certificate, death certificate, marriage certificate, income certificate, caste certificate, driving license, vehicle registrations etc seating at home using their computer or mobile phones. Citizens can apply online and those certificates and services will be delivered at home. The citizens may have to pay a nominal fee of Rs. 50 for the services each.
Government started with 40 services to be delivered at home but now 30 more are added to it. Government is planning to add 40 services more in the coming months. The objective of the scheme is to reduce corruption, to provide service guarantee and to avoid the need to go to various offices multiple times and stand in long queues for the certificates.
Doorstep Delivery of Public Services (DDPS) Toll-Free Helpline Number
What is Doorstep Delivery of Public Services (DDPS)? A Delhi Government scheme to provide essential public services to the citizens of the state at the doorsteps.
Doorstep Delivery of Public Services (DDPS): Objectives
- To provide service guarantee
- To avoid need to go to various offices and stand in queues
- To increases citizens confidence in government
- To save citizens time
- To remove the middle men
- To stop corruption
Doorstep Delivery of Public Services (DDPS): Eligibility / Who can apply?
- The scheme is applicable to the residents of Delhi
Doorstep Delivery of Public Services (DDPS): Services you will get at the doorstep
Here are some public services that you will get delivered at home:
- Marriage registration
- Birth & death certificate
- Driving licenses
- Transfer of ownership of vehicles
- Old age pension
- New water and sewer connections
- Ration cards
- Domicile certificate
- Duplicate RC
- To change the address in RC
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
Doorstep Delivery of Public Services (DDPS): How the government will provide the public services at your doorsteps
- Government will partner with private agencies
- These private agencies will hire Mobile Sahayaks who will provide the doorstep deliveries
- These agencies will also set up a call centers for the scheme
- The Mobile Sahayaks will be given a particular amount of time to complete the required tasks
- These tasks depend upon the nature of the service being taken by the customer
Doorstep Delivery of Public Services (DDPS): How you will get public services at your doorstep?
STEP 1: You can make request for the particular service by calling a designated call center number 1076 of the Delhi Government.
STEP 2: Mobile Sahyak will visit your home and collect required documents, information and forms along with signatures if required. The mobile sahyak will have all the required equipments such as bio-metric readers, internet etc.
STEP 3: The sahyak then will go back to the concerned office and compete the formalities.
STEP 4: Once the certificates are issued the sahyaks will come to your home and provide your services/certificates. A nominal fees is charged for the services.
Though the scheme says that all the services are delivered at doorsteps, it doesnt mean that you dont need to get out of your home. Practically you will have to go to the offices in some cases such as driving license application as explained here:
- You will make a call to the service delivery call center 1076
- The call center will allocate a mobile sahyak and he will come to your home collect all the information and certificate
- Then you need to go to the RTO office for the driving test
- Then you will receive the driving license delivered to your doorsteps
Doorstep Delivery of Public Services (DDPS): Implementation & Highlights
- The scheme to be launched in August 2018
- Under this scheme, citizens of the state will get 100 public services at their doorstep
- The government will work with private agencies to execute this scheme
- List of schemes & subsidies of National Capital Territory of Delhi
- List of schemes for beneficiaries